For my senior thesis/portfolio I am making a series of hand-bound cyanotype books inspired by the seven central characters/ideas of Neil Gaiman’s ‘The Sandman’. The books consist of poems and prose pulled from interviews and conversations with friends and family as well as personal experiences from my life, and they are illustrated with photographs from when I got my first camera at 16 all the way up to present day.
The images above are pulled from the books on Death (images 1-4), Dreams (5-7), and Despair (8-10). I will post more as I can, though with each book being between twenty and twenty-five pages, I will have to figure out how to do them justice in spite of tumblr’s ten-image-per-post limit.
1. How much Conquering is too much Conquering? - One hundred square miles - Girl please that’s like askin’ how much chocolate is too much chocolate - You can’t contain that stuff man, you gotta roll with it - Trick question!! Now I’ve burnt down your house.
2. The Battle of Stamford Bridge? - Mel Gibson was terrible as Harald Hardrada and there wasn’t even a bridge in the movie - Historians agree, good use of tanks - Tostig is all like, the pridelands are mine, Mufasa - At least it’s not Sweyn
3. What was the relic of St Peter that William wore around his neck? - A lock of hair tied in a ribbon inside a valentine - Eyeball of Destiny (disputed) - Genuine fart, captured in a vial, sealed in wax - Geode, from that time the disciples visited Jesus’ bedroom in Nazareth and divided up all his stuff (Gospel of Mark)
4. When William’s horse died: - All the other horses died too because: science - Everyone was like it’s over but then William was like no way and they were like way but he was like no way and it ruled - He used it as a weapon and slew many a Saxon! - Han Solo had to open it up with a lightsaber to keep William warm and Rob Roy hid in it
5. How does one remove an arrow from the eye? - Push it out the other side (recommended) - Push it out the other side (not recommended) - Doesn’t matter how you do it to a dead person - Keep it bro! Chicks dig it.
6. Was William a bastard? - He was once but it was just a phase - Ask the Northern Earls - I see what you did there - Yeah but I doubt he has a complex about it or anything
7. Is England French now? - I can’t hear you through all these baguettes - Only the parts with money/swords/power - Who do we know that can conduct a census to find out? - Oh Tish I love it when you speak French! *mwah mwah mwah*
8. What is the better way to die: - Arrow through eye - Horse incident w/ exploding corpse - A combination of the two - Anything but those two things
9. Was Harold a good king? - He was good at catching sharp things with his face - He was good at LOSING - He was good at having the worst family - He was alright
10. The Bayeux Tapestry is: - a propaganda machine - too big to hang in the dining room - The worst issue of Batman I’ve ever read - Harold dies?? Um, spoilers
Please circle all your answers and hand in your papers via Harold’s favorite falcon
Oh heavens, this is PERFECT. Amazing noir-themed 2007 photoshoot by national treasure Annie Liebovitz for Vanity Fair, and featuring a whole slew of my favorite actors. Talk about writing prompts. (I’m shipping the Angelica Huston & Sharon Stone characters).